Welcome to the Otakon Cosplay Coordination (OCC) information page!
Introduction to OCC
Otakon wants to ensure that members have the best chance to express themselves and have the best time all around. The Otakon Cosplay Coordination department is back for its second year to help facilitate and promote cosplay photoshoots in the three most popular areas of the BCC: The Charles Street Lobby, 3rd Floor Terrace (the one only accessible from the BCC), and the West Side of the 4th floor.
In the past, there have been many unofficial photoshoots, which has led to the occasional conflict of time and/or location. With OCC helping the cosplay community at Otakon, we will be able to resolve problems that may occur.
Benefits of Otakon Cosplay Coordination:
- Guarantees a place and time for both cosplayers and members to watch the gatherings.
- Prevents conflicting photoshoots in the same location at the same time.
- Support from Otakon Staff including logistics and crowd control (Makes the con fun, safe and more awesome).
- Have Fun! (Everyone is here to have a good time, so please respect those around you.)
- Photoshoots will be scheduled 75 minute blocks with 15 minutes to wrap up before the next shoot begins.
- We will be updating the preliminary schedule at least once a day as requests come in.
- Scheduling conflicts due to the main programming schedule: There is no guarantee that we will be able to switch you with another photoshoot but we will make the best effort at coordinating any time switches before con.
- All gatherings, both official and unofficial, must abide by all Otakon Rules and Policies. To review them, you can find them here.
- Due to limited space, there is a limit of 2 photoshoots of any fandom for the duration of Otakon.
- OCC will only be coordinating photoshoots at the three locations listed below. All other locations for photoshoots, including those outside of the BCC, will be coordinated by the cosplay community and not included on the schedule or coordinated by Otakon. We cannot be held responsible for conflicts that occur with photoshoots coordinated outside the purview of OCC.
- Otakon and its staff are not in charge of watching your belongings, so please keep an eye on them during shoots or have a friend watch them!
Basic Location Information:
|Charles Street Lobby
|3rd Floor Terrace
|400 Floor West Side
|Maximum Participants: 120
||Maximum Participants: 80
||Maximum Participants: 50
-This is also known as the Indoor Fountain area
-Groups in this area will need to accommodate lines for programming in Hall A.
-This area is only accessible from inside the BCC and is located near the food court area on the 3rd floor.
-This area is located on the west side of the 4th floor.
-There will be pipe and drape set up along one wall to give a nicer backdrop for photos.
- HARASSMENT OF ANY KIND IS NOT TOLERATED! Cosplay ≠ Consent
-Any perceived harassment will be dealt with according to stated policies found here
- The weapons and props policy applies to the photoshoots as well, so please keep that in mind (Weapons policy can be found here)
- All photoshoots must follow Otakon Policies, BCC policies, and Staff Member Instructions.
As we get closer to con more information may be posted regarding photoshoots. Once posted, updates will be pushed via social media. We look forward to working with the cosplay community!
If you are interested in starting a photo-shoot at Otakon in one of the three locations listed above, please check out this preliminary schedule.
At this time we have filled our available space. If spaces open up at a later time we will announce the reopening of the form.
If you are coordinating more than one photo-shoot, please fill out the form once for each desired photo-shoot.
If you have general questions concerning the photoshoots, please please review our FAQ
and then feel free to send any questions to the Otakon Cosplay Coordination Department Head through our help desk
. Otakon also has a member of the community that will be helping with communication and coordination with the Cosplay community. The Cosplay Community Ambassador is the representative that consults any information if a coordinator or member does not feel appeased with speaking to the staff members. They may be reached through our contacts page